24/7 Contact & Casualty Response
GOTHENBURG: +46 31 151 328
Piraeus: +30 694 453 0856
Hong Kong: +852 2598 6464
Tokyo: +81 44 222 0082
Oslo +46 31 151 328
The Swedish Club's interests are identical to the interests of members. When a new member enters the Club, a partnership is forged. The Club's entire insurance, technical and legal expertise is available to the member, on a round-the-clock basis throughout the year. This is a direct and personal, as well as professional, relationship.
Should a casualty occur, Club resources are immediately mobilised on the member's behalf. There is immediate action, free of hesitation. The Club's experts work hand-in-hand with the member, to resolve the problem and return the vessel to trading. Claims are settled directly between the Club and the member, with no involvement of third party loss adjusters.
- Major casualty response demands teamwork and total commitment from all concerned. The Swedish Club's wealth of insurance, technical and legal support is available on a round-the-clock basis, from the moment a member is involved in a casualty. Experienced specialists are despatched to the scene. Another Club specialist may attend the member's headquarters, to provide direct support and improve liaison.
- The Club's efforts on the member's behalf will be managed from an emergency room at the head office in Gothenburg. This room is fully equipped and has dedicated communications facilities.
- In-house salvage expertise is available and the Club's Salvage Master will join the Case Management Team on-scene in situations such as groundings.
- If the casualty event results in a significant spill, the Club may establish a claims office, to co-ordinate the processing of all information concerning injuries, damage and claims. In every phase of the accident event, the Club's aim is to achieve 'proportionate response' - to match response resources to the scale of the problem.
- The Club's offer of total package insurance services has particular relevance when responding to major casualties. The member benefits from integrated handling of H&M and P&I issues, both at the location of the casualty and at the Club's head office in Gothenburg. This contributes to faster decision-making, reduced costs, less paperwork and prompt settlement.