Argentina: New Declaration Forms
The Swedish Club has been advised by their Argentinian P&I correspondents, Pandi Liquidadores S.R.L., about new forms issued by the local custom authorities aimed at providing more certainty as to what items need to be declared upon arrival.
Nevertheless, there is still uncertainty in regards to some items which are not listed in the form, as for example in form OM 1646 (Deck Store List) where other type of oils are mentioned, without being clear as to whether this item refers to oil in the sump tanks.
The effect of the forms remains to be seen, but until further notice the following is recommended:
1) That the Master jointly with Chief Officer and Chief Engineer carefully record and revise what is declared on the store list.
2) That quantities to be declared in relation to the engine form are carefully checked by the Chief Engineer and that for the time being he also adds the oils in the sump tank and auxiliary engines.
3) That the store list is not signed until the Master ensures that everything has been completed and revised.
4) That a copy of the sore list presented and signed by customs is kept on board.
5) That Master does not entertain himself in any discussion with customs in relation to “cash payments” to avoid fines.
6) That the Master immediately contacts the concerned P&I correspondent in case of any doubts/problems during the visit of the Argentine Customs Search gang.
Member Alert is published by The Swedish Club as a service to members. While the information is believed correct, the Club cannot assume responsibility for completeness or accuracy