Report from the recent meeting with IMO’s Maritime Safety Committee
The IMO’s Maritime Safety Committee (MSC 99), met in London 16 – 25 May 2018. The agenda was comprehensive and included, amongst other things, autonomous vessels and mass migration by sea.
The following items may be highlighted.
- Amendments to mandatory instruments
- MSC 99 also approved several circulars
- Autonomous ships
- Interim guidelines
- Enhanced Survey Programme (ESP) Code
- Safety standards
- High risk areas
- Mixed mass migration by sea
- Requirements for practical seating arrangements in survival craft
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.