New Chinese regulation regarding emission control areas
Chinese Ministry of Transport (MOT) issued new requirement regarding emission control areas in Chinese territorial waters to be effective from 01.01.2019.
Chinese Ministry of Transport issued a new regulation regarding requirements of emission control areas in Chinese territorial waters which will become effective from 01.01.2019. This new regulation introduces some substantial changes to the existing ECA scheme previously announced by Chinese authorities. To help ship owners and operators understand and comply with the new regulation, Huatai have prepared a circular to introduce the main contents of the updated requirements.
In this circular the following information is being presented:
- Coordinates of control points of sea boundary line in coastal ECA
- Coordinates of control points of sea boundary line in Hainan coastal ECA
- Oxysulfide and PM emission control requirements
- Oxynitride emission control requirements
- Requirements of using shore power by vessel in port
This information was disclosed by our correspondent Huatai Insurance Agency & Consultant Service Ltd.
Member Alert is published by The Swedish Club as a service to members. While the information is believed correct, the Club cannot assume responsibility for completeness or accuracy.