Please note: The information is a general description. For full conditions, premiums, subjects, and warranties, please contact your team Underwriter.
War insurance provides cover for damage due to acts of war. It provides cover against war and marine terrorism perils that are normally excluded from all other marine policies.
How does this insurance work?
Under War Insurance, claims as a result of the following perils are covered:
- War, civil war, revolution, rebellion, insurrection and civil strife resulting therefrom.
- Torpedoes, mines and all weapons of war, whether derelict or not.
- Capture, taking at sea, arrest, seizure, restraint or detainment by any government or other authority.
- Confiscation or expropriation by any government or other authority.
- Riots, civil commotion, strikes, lockouts and other similar labour disturbances.
- Malicious acts or vandalism, in each case from a political motive or related to war.
- Acts of sabotage or terrorism, in each case, from a political motive or related to war.
The Club offer comprehensive worldwide war risk cover based on the war conditions associated with the entry for H&M conditions.
In addition, War Insurance has a separate independent limit for liability risks. There is a general six months blocking and trapping cover, including a Loss of Hire cover up to six months.
The extent of cover under a War policy can include all the following Hull and P&I risks:
- Loss of Hire
- Hull Interest/Disbursements
- Freight Interest
- Collision Liability
- General Average
- P&I Liabilities
Who can be covered?
Limits: Maximum limit/insured value war: USD 300 million
Deductibles: Normally none, however, some may apply (Loss of Hire)
- Notice of Cancellation, Automatic Termination of Cover, War, Nuclear etc. and Cyber Attack Exclusion Clause 2004-01-01 (W.1.3).
- Cyber Attack Exclusion Clause 2004-01-01 (W.1.3) can be reinstated upon request.