Narcotics worth of USD 207 million found in Sydney cargo
Australian police found drugs in hot sauce bottles shipped into Sydney from US. Read about the case in the latest IMB Confidential Bulletin.
International Maritime Bureau (IMB) report in their latest Confidential Bulletin to members about fraud cases, law enforcement and defaults generally.
Some cases in this newsletter:
- USD 93.6 million judgement against US Dock Workers’ Union delayed.
- Shippers and carriers dispute Federal Maritime Commission’s intention to ease demurrage and detention charges in American ports.
- New investigation of South Korean ferry disaster.
- Latest follow-up on the kidnappings in Gulf of Guinea, referred to as ‘the kidnap capital of the world’.
- Fraudulently registered ships registered by IMO, now working with a database to address the challenge.
- Fraud at the Kenyan Port Authority have called top managers to be charged.
- Alcohol worth over USD 1.5 million seizes at Dublin Port.
The Swedish Club members can access the IMB Confidential Bulletin 22/2019 through the SCOL website »
(The Swedish Club Online member area)
Member Alert is published by The Swedish Club as a service to members. While the information is believed correct, the Club cannot assume responsibility for completeness or accuracy.